Monday, January 10, 2011

Holy Snow


The winter wonderland fairy came to visit last night. She (he?) powdered Brentwood with picture perfect snow, dressing the trees in lacy couture and disguising the ugly browns and grays of winter's grass and bush.

My walk through the neighborhood felt like a dream. I noticed homes I've never seen before; the contrast of brick to snow highlighting features that have been otherwise unnoticed. The hushed surroundings and the pristine vista hallowed my stroll through the woods. The footprints I left in the smooth perfection seemed a crime and I halfway expected the snow police to appear from behind the trees.

What is it about snow that excites us so? Even Comet comes alive in the snow, her friskiness frightening us for a dog her age. Is it the beauty, the weather phenom, the chance to slow down (sleep late 'cause no school!)? For me, deep down, I think of God our Creator. What a master designer, artist par excellence, supreme architect is God. And we... we are His Beloved, the recipients of all this JOY!

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. How Great is our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment