Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Time Passages


Usually, I cannot remember my dreams. But when I woke up last night in the middle of a dream, I consciously replayed the videotape in my head and thought,"I've got to tell Rob about this--one of the weirdest and most non-sensical dreams I've ever had." The dream consisted of bits and pieces of wack-o actions and absurd words and those bits and pieces have haunted me throughout the day, putting me in a most reflective mood. People from my past--way past-- and places-- past and present-- intersected in this dream in ways that would make Spielberg envious.
But WHY? What do those people and those places have to do with my current status? Is the dream an escape mechanism, a sort of time passage to a more comfortable, secure era of my life?

Well I'm not the kind to live in the past
The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight.

Hear the echoes and feel yourself starting to turn
Don't know why you should feel
That there's something to learn
It's just a game that you play. (Time Passages by Al Stewart)


Perhaps, the dream is trying to relay something about my life, now. Or, could it be preparing me for my future?
God of reality and God of dreams, You know all things. Help me to trust You. Thank-you for my past, my present, and my future.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment