Friday, February 25, 2011

Fly Like an Eagle


It began with seven rambunctious third-grade boys and two Moms who only took the job 'cause no one else would do it. I had all kinds of excuses not to do it--this was my second-go-round with elementary-aged young-uns, I look terrible in khaki, and ... uh... I needed to wash my hair on Tuesday afternoons. But, when it came right down to it, my desire for Philip to be involved in scouting won out over silly, selfish arguments as to why I could not be a DEN MOTHER. Believe it or not, I now fondly recall our cub scout bi-monthly meetings, camping trips, and service projects. And I realize that it was that first year that laid the foundation for Philip to go through the ranks of scouting--all the way to the top!
Last night, Philip received his Eagle Scout badge and this Mama Bird is so proud. The skills he learned, the friends he made, the knowledge he gained, the leadership qualities he developed--and so much more--all add up to a wonderful young man who is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty,Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Thank-you, dear Heavenly Father, for my son, Philip. Continue to guide him and give him wisdom as he matures. May he always know your Love and share that love with others. In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment