Sunday, June 12, 2011

The What if's? and If only's ...

Two neighbors like to harass me with their questions and comments. They also annoy me with their presence--they've followed me to every state and every neighborhood I've lived in. They have never been invited into my home and yet they easily worm their way into every tough situation of my life. They delight in showing up whenever there is a problem or struggle.They are stubborn and difficult to resist. They love to crash my pity parties.
I call these neighbors the "what-if's" and the "if-only's..." The only way to get rid of these pesky neighbors is prayer! I pray that the Lord will give me enough faith and strengthen me to keep them at bay. I ask the Lord to help me trust Him in all things, particularly the future. God's promise is sure: He will direct my paths. The Lord God Who created me, knows me inside out, and knows what lies ahead has promised to guide me as I trust Him and "lean not on my own understanding." Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Praying along with you that the what if's and if only's will not follow you anymore. No matter where we are in life we are always in Plan A. With God there is no Plan B. We are right where He wants us to be and He is using everything in our life to make us more like His Son.

    ReplyDelete